Handmade By Us Wooden Nesting Bird Box features:
- Handmade by us in our workshop.
- 2 options available:
- 25mm opening suitable for Blue Tits, Coal Tits & Marsh Tits
- 32mm opening suitable for Pied Flycatcher, House Sparrow, Nuthatch, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Great Tits
- Please note every box is made by hand and therefore measurements may differ slightly from specified.
- Hole above roof for screwing into location.
- Can be fixed to walls, trees, sheds, etc.
- Removable base so you can empty out any old nesting material each year.
- Ideally face the box between north and east which will avoid strong sunlight and the wettest winds.
- Ensure their is a clear flight path to the box excluding for Robins.
- Boxes are best installed in the autumn as many birds will enter nest over winter and will often use the same box in the following spring.
- Use a single screw or nail to hold the box in place we recommend at least 1 1/2" (37mm) if you have sufficient material to fix into.
- You can also tie up your box if nailing or screwing is unsuitable. Use either an old piece of hosepipe or garden wire.
- Installation height for Tits - Between 2-4m.
- Installation height for Robins - Below 2m and well hidden within vegetation.
- Installation height for Spotted fly catchers - Between 2-4m.
- Installation height for Woodpeckers - Between 3-5m on a tree trunk.
- Installation height for Pie Wagtails - 2-5m.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.