Handmade Wooden Bat Box / Bat House features:
- Handmade by us in our workshop.
- Provide your local bats with a place to roost to help their numbers.
- Habitat loss is the number one cause of there numbers being threatened.
- The wood is unplaned which makes it perfect for the bats to cling to.
- Small opening to prevent birds or other predators gaining access to the box.
- Small chamber designed with Common Pipistrelle bats in mind which are the UK's most common bat.
- A small chamber in the bat box means that the bats can regulate their body temperature better as they sleep.
- The bat box comes with a fixed mirror plate so this can be easily mounted to a building or tree.
- You should install your bat box at least 5m or higher from the ground and ensure there is a clear flight path to the box.
- Sheltered positions are preferable and south facing.
- You can place multiple bat boxes on a single feature but make sure they face in different directions.
- Approximate Metric Dimensions: (H) 32cm x (W) 15cm x (D) 10cm.
- Approximate Imperial Dimensions: (H) 12" x (W) 6" x (D) 4".
- If you would like a large volume of boxes then please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.