We are looking for a carpenter / Woodworker to join our ever-growing team. Our family business has been handed through the generations and has been based in the heart of Leicester for 93 years. We make a range of handmade wood products in our shop and due to demand we would like to expand the team to grow this side of the business. We are looking for someone to join our family team and get stuck in.
The role suits someone who is self-motivated, good at problem solving and has get up and go. It will be important to be able to work to a high level of accuracy and we are looking for someone who has pride in their work. Due to this being a skilled role we are looking for someone who has previous experience with woodwork or carpentry.
Key aspects of the role
- Hand making many of the items in store such as bird tables, gates and radiator covers.
- Opportunity to fit handmade items out of store in customers houses or gardens.
- Be able to operate woodworking machinery such as table and mitre saws.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail to create products to in store specification.
- Be able to manage your own workload and reach deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Serve customers in the shop when required.
- Full UK driving license
- Practical qualifications
- Full time, five days a week 8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday. 1 Saturday every 3 weeks required to work and swap for a day off in the week.
- Join a family business which has been established for nearly 100 years.
- A thriving business with room to grow the team.
- An enjoyable place to work where every member of the team is valued.
- Salary dependent on experience.
If you want to join the team then contact us today as we would love to hear from you. You can send your CV to email@example.com or give us a call for a chat on 01162624970. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible so don’t delay.